There’s a lot of reasons why it makes sense to work with a realtor when you are a first time homebuyer in Atlanta. In most cases, this is one the biggest decisions you’ll have to make, so it’s crucial to decide on why it may benefit you to work with a realtor.
When we represent you as the buyer, you should know that:
a. There is no cost to you.
b. We represent you and meet your needs.
c. We negotiate for you.
d. We save time in your home search by making the process more convenient for you.
e. We set up your home appointments.
Remember, the realtor you work with is representing YOU and not the SELLER. This includes making purchases on newly built homes directly from the builder. The realtor in that sales office represents the BUILDER and will work in their best interest to negotiate a deal. Having an experienced realtor by your side can make all the difference when it comes down to negotiating big details and costs.
If you’re choosing a realtor, take the time to interview the realtor to determine if you all will work well together. Below are the top 10 things you can look for in your realtor:
10 Things to Look for in Your Realtor
1. Provide you with top customer service during the entire buying process.
2. Organize and schedule your home search process.
3. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each home in relation to your specific needs.
4. Provide you with on-going updates on available homes.
5. Help you to compare homes and make a decision.
6. Advise you on the terms and issues of the offer and fill out the purchase offer contract.
7. Present your offer and negotiate on your behalf.
8. Coordinate and supervise the preparation of all closing documents and guide you through the closing process.
9. Help you resolve any closing issues.
10. Coordinate move-in and assist with any post-closing issues.